I’m feeling like continuous deployment is a bad model for most of our users. I propose that we (a) continue to do continuous deployment, but (b) do the following:
- make [bi]weekly patch releases, following semantic versioning.
- tag these releases in git and deploy them to pip
- post a changelog with user-facing (including performance) updates
As part of moving cloudtools into the repo, I think we should deploy it in pip with Hail. Here’s a question:
- should running the hail GCP tool start a cluster using:
- the same version as the pip-downloaded version?
- the latest version?
If we do the former, we could add a
--latest flag which makes it possible to use the latest hash.